Well it is hard to believe it is already April! Where does the time go??? We have been so busy that I haven't kept up on blogging. Turkey season just started and so BJ is planning days with a buddy to go out hunting. They got up early on Wednesday and saw 3 Toms, but they weren't close enough and they didn't stick around long enough. He is looking forward to going out some more and hopefully he will get one.
We are heading over to Seattle with some friends in a couple of weeks. We are looking forward to a break from work, school, and everything else. I will hopefully post a blog with pics after.
Ella is loving preschool and mommy is loving that there is only 5 weeks left. Don't get me wrong, I love doing it, but man, it is a lot of work (and I don't even write the curriculum). It will be nice just to hang out with her friends (and mine) and just have fun! It is hard to believe she is almost 4! She is growing up so fast. I often wish I could freeze time and enjoy the stages a little longer, but alas, that is not how life works.
We moved her to a "big girl bed" and she is doing so well. She had fun picking out the sheets and quilt on a mommy/Ella day and then we worked on cleaning and rearranging the room to make (almost) everything fit.
Ella's new twin bed and new sheet set/quilt.
Ella's new book shelves.
Ella so proud of her big girl bed.
Turner (TJ) officially started crawling a week or so ago. It was much awaited and has given him much more freedom. Now he is exploring everything. He also started pulling up and standing. It seems that he is a little quicker than Ella was on the standing; I think he will be walking before Ella started. He is very pleased with himself and grows more and more confident each day in what he is doing. He still hasn't said mama or dada, but will soon I am sure. You ask him to say it and he just looks at you and smiles and kind of laughs. What a turkey!!
First time standing on his own.
So proud of himself for standing on his own!!
Next came Easter...We had a fun day. We went to church, then came home and ate a yummy lunch with all the trimmings. After lunch, Ella and her cousin, Tristan (BJ's sister's little boy) hunted eggs in our backyard. Then we went over to our friends' house and she hunted eggs in the rain with her friends. They had great fun, but the parents were none too thrilled with standing out in the rain waiting for the kiddos to get all the eggs.
Turner (TJ) in his Easter outfit.
Awww! So sweet kisses!
Well, I guess that is about all for now! We will try to keep on top of things better! Take care!
Love, Sarah
2 comments:
Your kiddos are so cute!! Ella looks like she's a great big sister. I love their Easter outfits! :)
If BJ's hunting turkeys now... does he clean them all up and freeze them for Thanksgiving? I just don't think I could do all the gutting/de-bloodifying stuff.
Good to see you didn't fall off the face of the earth! :)
Ella is adorable, and I love the pure joy on TJ's face as he stands up! The kitchen looks great - good job you guys! We look forward to the day we can visit you there :)
Post a Comment